Effective Date: 10th June 2018
What Data Is Collected From You?
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
– Information that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of our Site or subscribing to any service offered by us (Service), upload or submit any material via the Site, or request any information;
– Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content.
– Details of any transactions made by you through the Site, and in relation to and order fulfilment;
– Information from surveys that you may have completed for research purposes, although it is at your discretion as to whether you complete these;
Your business contact details provided to us for purposes of conducting business with you/your company through electronic communications.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services. When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, and website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. This information is only used in an anonymized or aggregated form to assist us in improving the Site.
What About IP Addresses & Cookies?
– estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
– store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
– speed up your searches; and
– recognise you when you return to our Site.
Uses Made Of Your Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- communicate with you as a client or prospective client about our products and services, provide industry reports, analyses or trends in which we think you might have an interest, provide account information and customer support, perform contractual obligations, or for other legitimate business purposes; and notify you about changes to our Service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any third party other than as described below (“Disclosure and Sharing of Data”) but we may provide them with aggregate information collected about Site users.
Information we collect relating to web server requests is used for completion of the current activity (e.g. a request to view a web page) and are stored in log files, which are processed to provide statistical information about usage, load on servers, traffic patterns, troubleshooting, incident investigation, etc. This information cannot be used to identify you. Analysis of web usage may be used for:
- systems and performance monitoring;
- marketing (e.g. analysis of demographic information and user behaviour).
Information gathered by specialist applications such as e-learning tools and portals will be used to support the function and management of those applications.
In some cases, we may use your personal data when we have a legitimate business interest in doing so, for example when we send out information about new or existing products and services, events we would like you to know about, communications we send to our current and/or prospective clients about our business, and information relevant to our business relationship with you (e.g., account information, legal notices, campaign updates, etc.).
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Information that you submit via the Site may be sent to, and stored on secure servers located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data when it is in transit over the internet to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to minimise and prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure & Sharing Of Data?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we undergo re-organisation or sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If Valassis or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may opt out of any of the ways in which we process your personal data at any time by clicking on the relevant link in any email we send to you, following the instructions we provide online, or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also use this email address to request a copy of your personal data, ask that we make any relevant corrections and/or instruct us to delete it. We also delete personal data as soon as we no longer need it for the purpose for which it was collected and/or we have no legal reason to keep it. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access personal information held about you. To make an access request, please send an email to email@example.com with “Access Request” in the subject line. Please provide us with as much detail about your relationship with us as possible so that we may expeditiously comply with your request.