This Site is operated and provided by Valassis Limited. We are a limited company registered in England. Our registered company number is 03927916, and our registered office is at Weldon House, Corby Gate Business Park, Priors Haw Road, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 5JG. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
What data is collected from you?
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
• Information that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of our Site or subscribing to any service offered by us (Service), upload or submit any material via the Site, or request any information;
• Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content.
• Details of any transactions made by you through the Site, and in relation to and order fulfilment;
• Information from surveys that you may have completed for research purposes, although it is at your discretion as to whether you complete these;
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, and website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
What about IP addresses and cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer which include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. They relate to a specific site and can be used to enhance that site’s functionality and your interaction with it.
• estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
• speed up your searches; and
• recognise you when you return to our Site.
Cookie name Purpose More information (e.g. type and duration)
[Viewed_cookie_policy] [Close Cookie Lay Info tab] [-]
[Wordpress] [Authentication details] [14 days]
[Wordpress_logged] [Indicated when you’re logged in] [14 days]
[few we-settings] [to customise view of admin interface] [14 days]
Third party cookies
Cookies are also set by third parties on the Site or by us using a third party code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or to block their cookies can be accessed by following the link below to their website.
Currently not applicable.
Additional data for specialist applications
Specialist applications may also gather user data that is specific to their intended purpose, such as user identifiers, tracking information and user contributions.
Uses made of your information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
• ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these;
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
• notify you about changes to our Service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any third party but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
Information we collect relating to web server requests is used for completion of the current activity (e.g. a request to view a web page) and are stored in log files, which are processed to provide statistical information about usage, load on servers, traffic patterns, troubleshooting, incident investigation, etc. This information cannot be used to identify you. Analysis of web usage may be used for:
• systems and performance monitoring;
• marketing (e.g. analysis of demographic information and user behaviour).
Information gathered by specialist applications such as e-learning tools and portals will be used to support the function and management of those applications.
Where we store your personal data
If we provide an application to enable any payment transaction then this will be encrypted using SSL technology or such advanced replacement technology as is reasonably available to us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data when it is in transit over the internet to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features minimise and prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure and sharing of data?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we undergo re-organisation or sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
• If Valassis or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may disclose you personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Where data is passed to third parties, it is done so in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Corby Gate Business Park,
Priors Haw Road,
Corby NN17 5JG,
+44 1536 400123 how to get